Update on wsprdaemon Timescale database

Gwyn
Administrator
The wsprdaemon Timescale database - documentation via the Help page - has three 'tables':

• spots - these are scraped from wsprnet.org and additional fields calculated including lat/lon

• wd_spots - from direct upload from wsprdaemon users, an additional route to wsprnet

• noise - from direct upload from wsprdaemon users that have chosen to post their noise data

As of 23 April 2020 we have the following data retention policies, to keep within our disk space:

• spots - keep for 30 days, then drop completely

• wd_spots - compress after 30 days (will still be available, but slower retrieval)

• noise - compress after 30 days (will still be available, but slower retrieval)

We will need to drop wd_spots and noise at some time, but I'll see how they grow/compress over the next month or so.

regards
Gwyn G3ZIL
Rob

Re: Update on wsprdaemon Timescale database

Rob
Excellent.
I was not aware of the 'compress data' feature of TS.
It seems perfectly fitted to our needs.