RX channel connection delay

WA2TP

HI Rob,

I am noticing that now in 2.10b WD takes  a full 6 minutes to establish all of the connections to a 14 rx kiwi on any restart of either the kiwi or ubuntu server.

I saw this last night. I think you may have picked up on it before I did as you initially only saw 17 of the my 43 rx channels.

I was doing some housekeeping on my config file this morning to make it simpler and during this process I rebooted and watched the RX channels come up.

Here is what I see:

  • On power up it will connect within 30 seconds to  only 4 of the channels
  • ~2 minutes later another 6 of the channels will connect
  • Another 2~ 2minutes later it will connect to another 2 channels
  • Another 2 minutes later it connect to the final 2 channels.

Screen shots below shows the uptime which reflects this latency on the connection to the rx channels.

  • All 4 Kiwi were powered on simultaneously as in the past.
  • Prior to 2.10, connections took maybe 30 seconds if that.
  • This is identical for the two BBAI 14RX.

I see the same delay on the other 2 standard Kiwi. I thought possibly your VPN connection was holding onto a process or something so I just disconnected you for the moment – feel free to reconnect at will to look into.

BBAI 14 rx

Standard Kiwi

Sent from Mail for Windows 10