Problems with initial attempt

wd4elg
Observed:

1. I can't monitor my spots using the commands:

pi@Maui-Pi85:~/wsprdaemon/uploads.d/wsprnet.d/spots.d $ cd /home/pi/wsprdaemon/uploads.d/wsprnet.d/spots.d

pi@Maui-Pi85:~/wsprdaemon/uploads.d/wsprnet.d/spots.d $ ~/wsprdaemon/wsprdaemon.sh -d

because I don't have an uploads.d subdirectory...only hashtag.d and kiwi.d

2.  When I enter ./wsprdaemon.sh -a I get the following errors at startup

/usr/bin/wsprd: error while loading shared libraries: libgfortran.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Tue 04 Aug 2020 06:04:02 PM EDT: INFO: /usr/bin/wsprd is version 1, so set command line flags to '-d -C 10000', but you should update to wsprd version 2.x

3. When I type ./wsprdaemon.sh -s it says the PID are running, but I don't see any spots uploaded.  I am using the sample config file from (modified for my Kiwi IP address)

http://valentfx.com/vanilla/discussion/1529/wsprdaemon-a-raspberry-pi-wspr-decoding-service/p1

I know I am so close (thanks to Tom WA2TP)...I appreciate the help in advance.

Mark Lunday, WD4ELG
Rob

Re: Problems with initial attempt

Rob
Hi Mark,

What kind of server os/cpu are you running on?

if -a gives you errors, then it is likely nothing will run

Did you install the most recent copy of WD?

73,

Rob

On Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 5:36 PM wd4elg [via wsprdaemon] <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

http://wsprdaemon.224604.n8.nabble.com/Problems-with-initial-attempt-tp151.html
To start a new topic under wsprdaemon, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from wsprdaemon, click here.
NAML

--
Rob Robinett
AI6VN
mobile: +1 650 218 8896

Re: Problems with initial attempt

wd4elg
Thanks Rob.

Yes, installed WD last evening on a brand new install of Raspbian on a Raspberry Pi 3B+

Raspberry Pi Linux v5.4

Re: Problems with initial attempt

wd4elg
When I look at the KiwiSDR, I see 8 external connections listed from my Raspberry Pi, so I presume it's working...

Re: Problems with initial attempt

wd4elg
Making progress, slowly...sudo re

I did some reading on the web about missing Fortran libraries, and tried

sudo apt install gfortran

and it gave me an error.  Suggested I run

sudo apt --fix-broken install

which ran successfully.  Then I ran wsprdaemon again and no error this time.

However, I can't monitor the spots using the commands you provided, Rob....I don't have any subdirectories under /wsprdaemon called uploads.d

Should I do an uninstall of WD and re-install?

Rob

Re: Problems with initial attempt

Rob
Your WD should be ~/wsprdaemon/wsprdaemon.sh
Then look in ~/wsprdaemon/uploads.d/...
You are uploading spots, so it must be there

http://wsprdaemon.224604.n8.nabble.com/Problems-with-initial-attempt-tp151p155.html

AI6VN
mobile: +1 650 218 8896

Re: Problems with initial attempt

wd4elg
Thanks again Rob.

WD4ELG spots loaded at 00:22 and prior are from WSJT-X on Windows PC.  I have terminated all of those and I am only looking for spots now from the WSPRDAEMON.

No spots uploaded from WSPRDAEMON yet.

My WD is confirmed, as you listed below.

When I run the 'ls' command, I don't see any subdirectories...what I get is:

pi@raspberrypi:~/wsprdaemon $ ls

expected.jobs  kiwiclient    watchdog.log           wsprdaemon.-2-3.txt
hashtable.d    running.jobs  watchdog.pid           wsprdaemon.conf
hhmm.sched     suntimes      wsjtx_2.0.1_armhf.deb  wsprdaemon.sh

Do I need to do a re-install?

Re: Problems with initial attempt

wd4elg
I just noticed in my KiwiSDR it says "WSPRDAEMON v2.3"

That can't be right?

Re: Problems with initial attempt

wd4elg
YOWZE!  So simple, even a caveman can do it.

I originally followed the install instructions from the KiwiSDR thread from last year.  When I realized I was using v2.3, I upgraded following the instructions here:

https://github.com/rrobinett/wsprdaemon

Works great!

Thanks Rob and Tom WA2TP!