Old Timescale database table 'spots' to be deleted on 20 May

Old Timescale database table 'spots' to be deleted on 20 May

Gwyn
Administrator
Hello
 As you know, the Timescale database tables are still in development. Since v2.9 direct spot uploads have been to the new table wsprdaemon_spots. No one has been uploading to 'spots' since 9 May. The data was copied over to the new table, and to reclaim disk space and keep things simple I will delete table 'spots' on 20 May.
The field definitions page has been updated to include a new field and a name change in the recently released wsjtx 2.2.

Thank you
Gwyn G3ZIL

Re: Old Timescale database table 'spots' to be deleted on 20 May

Ulli
Gwyn,
In my new own Grafana-Dashboard I am counting the number of spots in a 10min window and chart them as bars... If 'spots' will be erased, what should I choose instead to graph the number of spots ?

As I also have a drop-down menu for various calls of spotters (not only WD-users), I need the spots from all wspr spotters not only wd-users...

Will it work in the future ?
Or do I need to switch to wd-users only ?

Ulli, ON5KQ

P.S.: have installed 2 very basic antennas now to further partissipate. The higher fixpoints for V-beams are not there anymore, after the storm-crash. So only a NVIS dipole, 2x19m at 3m(!!) and a Dipole 2x60m at 5m(!) is used. Amazing how well it works - I believe this is due to high angle summer condx on the high bands with mostly locals on the high bands as well...

Re: Old Timescale database table 'spots' to be deleted on 20 May

Gwyn
Administrator
Ulli,

Oh dear. I am sorry. I managed to confuse myself!
Table spots will NOT be deleted, it is table wd_spots that I will delete. That is the old one for wd users only and is now wsprdaemon_spots. You will be fine with your queries. I do thank you for pointing out my error in the original post.

Ah yes, your NVIS antennas did very well on 40m the other day - beating everyone on unique spots and very good on distance too.
best wishes
Gwyn

Re: Old Timescale database table 'spots' to be deleted on 20 May

Gwyn
Administrator
Apologies - I've had to delete Tables wd_spots and noise 5 hours early as disk space was at 99%.
3 million spots a day have been added to the spots Table from wsprnet recently.

Rob is working on a solution and I'm helping as I can.

Gwyn G3ZIL