New error

wd4elg
OK, after working for three days...suddenly I get an error and it is not connecting to the Kiwi

pi@raspberrypi:~/wsprdaemon $ ./wsprdaemon.sh -a
./wsprdaemon.sh: line 666: RECEIVER_LIST: unbound variable

I reduced the CONF file to as simple as possible

declare RECEIVER_LIST=("KIWI_0  192.168.1.84:8073  WD4ELG  FM06be  NULL")
declare WSPR_SCHEDULE=("00:00  KIWI_0,630 KIWI_0,160 KIWI_0,80eu KIWI_0,80  KIWI_0,60eu  KIWI_0,60  KIWI_0,40  KIWI_0,30 KIWI_0,20")

Nothing else changed, I did copy over and confirm that the new CONF file is on the RPi

KiwiSDR did reboot and reinstalled updates...but that should not matter, right?
Rob

Re: New error

Rob
are you sure the conf file is ~/wsprdaemon/wsprdaemon.conf
that is the file read by WD.
you edits look good.

On Fri, Aug 7, 2020 at 9:45 AM wd4elg [via wsprdaemon] <[hidden email]> wrote:
OK, after working for three days...suddenly I get an error and it is not connecting to the Kiwi

pi@raspberrypi:~/wsprdaemon $ ./wsprdaemon.sh -a
./wsprdaemon.sh: line 666: RECEIVER_LIST: unbound variable

I reduced the CONF file to as simple as possible

declare RECEIVER_LIST=("KIWI_0  192.168.1.84:8073  WD4ELG  FM06be  NULL")
declare WSPR_SCHEDULE=("00:00  KIWI_0,630 KIWI_0,160 KIWI_0,80eu KIWI_0,80  KIWI_0,60eu  KIWI_0,60  KIWI_0,40  KIWI_0,30 KIWI_0,20")

Nothing else changed, I did copy over and confirm that the new CONF file is on the RPi

KiwiSDR did reboot and reinstalled updates...but that should not matter, right?

http://wsprdaemon.224604.n8.nabble.com/New-error-tp163.html
To start a new topic under wsprdaemon, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from wsprdaemon, click here.
NAML

--
Rob Robinett
AI6VN
mobile: +1 650 218 8896

Re: New error

wd4elg
I deleted the old WSPRDAEMON.CONF file and allowed a new one to be created.  I then edited that one.

No more errors on executing ./wsprdaemon.sh -a

Monitoring shows no spots logged.

Admin webpage for kiwisdr shows no connections to the receiver.

Webpage view of the kiwisdr shows signals received fine.

Rob

Re: New error

Rob
There are many log files which could be examined when WD is run at verbosity level 1 or above.
I just posted a short description of how/where to examine them to the forum.

Did you update the Kiwi SW?  One the Kiwi's Admin->Control page there is a 'Number of simultaneous channels available for connection by non-Kiwi apps' setting which should be 8

If you set up remote access I could take a look at your Pi late afternoon.

Rob

http://wsprdaemon.224604.n8.nabble.com/New-error-tp163p165.html
To start a new topic under wsprdaemon, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from wsprdaemon, click here.
NAML

--
Rob Robinett
AI6VN
mobile: +1 650 218 8896

Re: New error

wd4elg
Thanks, Rob.

Yes, I did reboot the Kiwi and it did update the software.

8 simultaneous channels - checked
All autoruns set to "regular use" - checked

I am monitoring using the "tails" command and it keeps saying that the spots log is empty.  This makes sense because the Kiwi is showing no connections.

I can share admin connection info if you contact me directly.
Rob

Re: New error

Rob
There will be no log output unless verbosity is turned up from the default value of '0'

To start with verbosity at level 1:  ./wsprdaemon -v   -a,
                                    at level 2:  ./wsprdaemon -vv -a,

run 'tail -F ...' which follows the new instance of the log files after a WD restart

http://wsprdaemon.224604.n8.nabble.com/New-error-tp163p167.html
To start a new topic under wsprdaemon, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from wsprdaemon, click here.
NAML

--
Rob Robinett
AI6VN
mobile: +1 650 218 8896

Re: New error

WA2TP
This is how my issue started as well with the unbound variable in the config file.

Could not get the stream to reconnect to the kiwi which prompted me to to do a clean install.

When i did a clean install on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS and the new WD version 2.10a it no longer works on 18.04LTS.
I have tried more than a half dozen clean installs on 18.04 LTS and Kiwi recorder fails to connect.

Would you be able  put please version 2.9h or i back up on Git so that i can install it on a backup machine while you sort through 2.10a?

I am using the rpi4 now and it is struggling with just two kiwi.

Re: New error

Rolf
Re:  2.10 a

Just an observation.

I also did try with the 2.10a, but found that it did not work on the Raspi 3B   (Buster 2008-08-20)   I did a  clean installation, but could not get it to work. So I am back to 2.9j  What the problem is/was I have not had time to look into as I presently have a couple of alligators snapping at my back.

Rolf  K9DZT

Re: New error

WA2TP
It is an incompatibility with python 3.0 from what I understand.

Tom
WA2TP

Re: New error

WA2TP
Rolf,

Do you have a version of 2.9j you can share I cannot find it to install.

Tom
WA2TP

It is an incompatibility with python 3.0 from what I understand.

Tom
WA2TP

I also did try with the 2.10a, but found that it did not work on the Raspi 3B   (Buster 2008-08-20)   I did a  clean installation, but could not get it to work. So I am back to 2.9j  What the problem is/was I have not had time to look into as I presently have a couple of alligators snapping at my back.

Rolf  K9DZT

http://wsprdaemon.224604.n8.nabble.com/New-error-tp163p249.html
To unsubscribe from New error, click here.
NAML

Re: New error

Rolf
Tom

Still fighting to get the alligators back into the swamp here.

I saw that Rob just released 2.10b an hour ago.  I will try to get away from the alligator wrestling tomorrow afternoon and see if it works as intended on the raspi.

Rolf K9DZT

Re: New error

WA2TP
Rolf,

Yes Rob has been working with me. 2.10b is now operational here on 20.04 as of 00:00.

Tom
WA2TP

Still fighting to get the alligators back into the swamp here.

I saw that Rob just released 2.10b an hour ago.  I will try to get away from the alligator wrestling tomorrow afternoon and see if it works as intended on the raspi.

Rolf K9DZT

http://wsprdaemon.224604.n8.nabble.com/New-error-tp163p254.html
To unsubscribe from New error, click here.
NAML
Rob

Re: New error

Rob
Thanks for mentioning v2.10, since I couldn't log on to create a new post about it.
In addition to testing installation on different OSs, I would love to hear about any decodes on 2200 and 630 where I have been told a new modulation format is in general use.

I can't log in to our forum, only respond to these emails,  and this persisting incompatibility with chrome and Safari is encouraging me to propose we move future discussions to a wsprdaemon account at groups.io.
Any thoughts?

http://wsprdaemon.224604.n8.nabble.com/New-error-tp163p255.html
To start a new topic under wsprdaemon, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from wsprdaemon, click here.
NAML

--
Rob Robinett
AI6VN
mobile: +1 650 218 8896

Re: New error

WA2TP
For the time being If you can figure out how to get rdp to work on Ubuntu 20.04, feel free to rdp into my 20.04 box via vpn  and use fire fox to log onto forum. It’s a core I7  with lots of overhead.

Groups.io is a good platform. I’d support it.

Tom
WA2TP

Still fighting to get the alligators back into the swamp here.

I saw that Rob just released 2.10b an hour ago.  I will try to get away from the alligator wrestling tomorrow afternoon and see if it works as intended on the raspi.

Rolf K9DZT

http://wsprdaemon.224604.n8.nabble.com/New-error-tp163p254.html
To unsubscribe from New error, click here.
NAML

http://wsprdaemon.224604.n8.nabble.com/New-error-tp163p255.html
To start a new topic under wsprdaemon, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from wsprdaemon, click here.
NAML

--
Rob Robinett
AI6VN
mobile: +1 650 218 8896

http://wsprdaemon.224604.n8.nabble.com/New-error-tp163p256.html
To unsubscribe from New error, click here.
NAML

Re: New error

Rolf
Tom

Glad to hear that you got the 2.10b running.

Rolf K9DZT

Re: New error

WA2TP
It was all  Rob.   Wish I could have been of more help.

Tom
WA2TP

Glad to hear that you got the 2.10b running.

Rolf K9DZT

http://wsprdaemon.224604.n8.nabble.com/New-error-tp163p258.html
To unsubscribe from New error, click here.
NAML
Rob

Re: New error

Rob
There are still more fixes.  2.10b didn't install on the 20.04 i7 server at KFS, and I'll work on that tomorrow morning .  I'm sure there will be more.
bug reports from beta sites are welcome, and even more remote access to systems with problems.

http://wsprdaemon.224604.n8.nabble.com/New-error-tp163p261.html