Grafana Server

Rolf
Good morning y'all,

As I am prodding  along with the Daemon there is so much to explore.  Thus I made an attempt to sign on to the Grafana server to see what it is all about, but the "guest" link from here did not work.  The connection attempts end up timing out.

73  Rolf   K9DZT

Re: Grafana Server

Ulli
Hi Rolf,
I think there is currently a problem with the newly co-located Server, as Rob mentioned... Rob needs to travel 100miles unfortunately from San Fransisco to Sacramento, where the server is located in a datacenter....

Rob explained the background of the server problem during our last Zoom session.

At least this is my understanding.

Ulli, ON5KQ

Re: Grafana Server

Rolf
Hi Ulli,

Thanks for the info.. That explains why it does not work.   In the meantime I just hang loose and whenever it get done OK with me. It is after all only a hobby.

The next issue here is what protection do the Kiwi have on the front end?  This as I have some high power "contest" type operators close by. One even run Wspr at 1 Kw or at least he did.   I am trying to find out what is built into the Kiwi front end, but the info I have found so far is sparse.

73 Rolf K9DZT

Re: Grafana Server

Rolf
Further to my search regarding the front end protection.. There is a schematic on the Kiwi website and it is dated 2016.  This shows two bidirectional diodes on the front end ( TVS 3.3 V) The specs on these diodes are a bit different depending on what brand is used.

Re: Grafana Server

Gwyn
Administrator
Hello Rolf

I will email you the username and password for access to

logs2.wsprdaemon.org:3000

Ulli - the same ones you have been using will give access to that machine too.
Let me know if there are problems.

regards
Gwyn G3ZIL

Re: Grafana Server

Ulli
Hi Gwyn,
just tried with the new URL as datasource...
Get a jumping Grafana Logo and "Loading Grafana"...... forever.
Nothing else...

Ulli

Re: Grafana Server

Gwyn
Administrator
Hello Ulli
Strange ... I just checked with Chrome on this Mac and there was about 5s of the Grafana bouncing, then login screen. Also tried Chromium browser on a Pi 4 and same, 5 to 6 s of bouncing.

Gwyn

Re: Grafana Server

Ulli
is it required to use the newest version of Grafana ?
I am still using vers. 6
No time to look for updating Grafana unfortunately

Ulli

Re: Grafana Server

Ulli
just one more try - doesn't work