Fresh install WD 2.10d from scratch fails...(not updating)

Fresh install WD 2.10d from scratch fails...(not updating)

Ulli
Fresh install of Ubuntu with all updates

Then tried to install WD 2.10d
There is a problem with the installer:
Module not found error !

"...
Installation command 'pip3 install numpy' failed"

The installation of 2.10d stopps..
just followed the steps at the github site with fresh fully updated Ubuntu 20.04

Ulli, ON5KQ

Re: Fresh install WD 2.10d from scratch fails...(not updating)

n6gn
Ulli
I haven't verified this but it sounds like you are missing the Python package manager and perhaps even Python, though a new distro should have both Python3 and pip3, as far as I know.
Have you looked at this?
https://www.how2shout.com/linux/how-to-install-python-3-and-pip-3-on-ubuntu-20-04-lts/

Glenn n6gn

Re: Fresh install WD 2.10d from scratch fails...(not updating)

Ulli
I am now re-installing everything, to be sure, that really all updates from the fresh Ubuntu installation are properly installed. It seems, that there is a huge difference, what the Belgian Ubuntu server updates and what really needs to be updated according to the main server.
However when you install, usually the local country server is used as the 'reference' to judge what updates will be done...

It's installing at this moment... but dinnertime now - I will check later, if everything worked, of if the failure persists... will report.

Ulli, ON5KQ
Raining cats and dogs here...;-(

Re: Fresh install WD 2.10d from scratch fails...(not updating)

Ulli
No - all updates done from main server
Locales variables correctly set for en.US UTF-8

Module not found error... as mentioned... no change - same fault as above!

It is clear, that I am missing something - but I fully installed Ubuntu 20.04 (not in minimal version) with all updates. I should not need to install packages manually but using the wd installer...
Of coarse the wsprdaemon user has sudo access and auto sudo permission...

Have done it so often without problem in 18.04, but 20.04 doesn't work

It is not urgent for me, as I don't have receiver anyway at the moment.... but just to let you know.

Ulli, ON5KQ
Rob

Re: Fresh install WD 2.10d from scratch fails...(not updating)

Rob
In order to install on Ubuntu 20.04 I was forced to change how WD installs the 'wsprd' binary from WSJT-x.
Your installation shows that 20.04 does not by default include the Python 'numpy' module.  It can be manually installed with 'sudo apt install python3-numpy' or if pip3 is installed by default, then pip3 install numpy' should also work.
But remote access to that PC would permit me to debug this WD problem, since I have no Ubuntu or other PC.

On Thu, Oct 8, 2020 at 12:24 PM Ulli [via wsprdaemon] <[hidden email]> wrote:
No - all updates done from main server
Locales variables correctly set for en.US UTF-8

Module not found error... as mentioned... no change - same fault as above!

It is clear, that I am missing something - but I fully installed Ubuntu 20.04 (not in minimal version) with all updates. I should not need to install packages manually but using the wd installer...
Of coarse the wsprdaemon user has sudo access and auto sudo permission...

Have done it so often without problem in 18.04, but 20.04 doesn't work

It is not urgent for me, as I don't have receiver anyway at the moment.... but just to let you know.

Ulli, ON5KQ

http://wsprdaemon.224604.n8.nabble.com/Fresh-install-WD-2-10d-from-scratch-fails-not-updating-tp265p268.html
To start a new topic under wsprdaemon, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from wsprdaemon, click here.
NAML

--
Rob Robinett
AI6VN