Finally got the daemon running

Rolf
Greetings all,

I received the Kiwi SDR on Thursday this week and had it up and running next morning.   I started to set up wsprdaemon on Saturday and did run into lots of reading and head scratching as I am  still trying to figure out Linux.  I could not get the daemon to process and load up.  Then I started with a clean Raspi OS ( the latest) and went through the installation of the OS and the daemon a couple of times, but  finally got it up and running on 40, 30 and 20.   I have some noise and a couple of AM stations down the road, but in spite of that the system seemingly works well.  The SDR alone was definitely less sensitive than my old set up (K2 and wsjt-x & Raspi 3), but with the daemon it is much better.  I will get an AM filter and at least replace the power supply with a linear one, and then run the system for a while and get some more experience in how the daemon operate.

Rolf
K9DZT

Rob

Re: Finally got the daemon running

Rob
Hello Rolf,

Welcome to the WD group.  I see yesterday you reported about 10,000 spots / 424 uniq calls at http://jimlill.com/today.html.  If you are interested, I host a Zoom conference on Wednesdays at 16:00 UTC where you can meet others using WD for fun and research.

73,

Rob

On Sun, Sep 20, 2020 at 6:35 PM Rolf [via wsprdaemon] <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

http://wsprdaemon.224604.n8.nabble.com/Finally-got-the-daemon-running-tp220.html
To start a new topic under wsprdaemon, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from wsprdaemon, click here.
NAML

--
Rob Robinett
AI6VN
mobile: +1 650 218 8896

Re: Finally got the daemon running

Rolf
Rob

Thank you for the welcome and zoom invite and as I am getting my feet wet with the Kiwi and the Daemon I am sure I will explore more. Right now I am only running the wspr and not anything else. Just an old Cushcraft R7  at 10 Ft above ground.

73  Rolf
K9DZT