I have been running the daemon since yesterday and there is seemingly a problem today with duplicates. I did not have any last night, but the percentage now is 4%. Last night when hitting the sack ( after 6 hours runtime) it was 0% Now I see more of them. I did use the “simple” .conf file on this site and the system is running 100% on 40, 30 and 20m. The duplicates have the same time and frequency but differs in SNR ( like 27 and 26) typically there is just a point difference in SNR. I did a re-boot this morning to move some cabling, but everything seemingly came back on line OK
I know there is a “merge” function in the program, but from what I can figure out it only applies to different receivers. I read this as two different SDR’s and not a single one like mine, but I can be wrong.
if the Kiwi is public it is often people who have found your SDR from WSPR reception reports then using the WSPR function to look at their own transmission. I'm not 100% sure it is that but I've seen that here and it took me a few minutes of "what's wrong" to work out nothing is wrong. If it is that, and it bothers you either disable the WSPR extension or remove your location (one stops it being used the second stops it uploading spots)
One other thing I have seen, not on Kiwi but OpenWebrx with other SDR hardware, is signal overload where the signal is so strong there are images, after decode there were five spots of one local station who is line of sight. If you can, check if the duplicates are local hams and off-frequency slightly, but at the same decode time.
I only run the Kiwi on local here, but after using the grey matter ( it’s getting old and worn these days) I got to think how and when this dupe situation came about this morning.
I started my other Raspi(s) I use here. Then I realized that I still had the Daemon on one. The Daemon never did run/upload on it so I started fresh using another Raspi. However I never removed the daemon program on the first one.
Low and behold after shutting down the Raspi the dupe situation went away. I think even if the first Raspi/Daemon did not work it was running after start up and I presume they were singing together and created the duplicate situation as it has gone away now.