Do I need to clean the Raspi files?

Rolf
In spite of AM noise and using a  non linear power supply I am quite happy with the KIWI and the Daemon.  I had a hick up the other day when the router changed the internal IP on me.  Other than that it is running well considering I am using an old Cushcraft R7 with the base at 10 ft.

When "fiddling" with the IP issue I looked at the files on the Raspi,  and yes there are lots of them building up.  Thus, when running 24/7 it will eventually fill up and the memory card ( in my case 32 GB) will be slipping after so many write/read cycles. I don't worry about that, but I can see file overflow happen long before that distant day.

So here is the question:  Do I need to to clean out old files, and if so what should/could be removed/cleaned up?

73  Rolf   K9DZT

Rob

Re: Do I need to clean the Raspi files?

Rob
If the file system under ~/wsprdaemon/upload.d/... is filling up, that is because the Pi cannot successfully upload spots to wsprnet.org and/or wsprdaemon.org,
Can you ping wsprnet.org from the command line of the Pi?  If that works, then I would need to log on to that Pi in order to diagnose the problem.
You can flush all the cached spots by stopping WD (wd -z), then 'rm -rf ~/wsprdaemon/upload.d/', then start WD.

73,  Rob

On Wed, Sep 30, 2020 at 8:40 AM Rolf [via wsprdaemon] <[hidden email]> wrote:
In spite of AM noise and using a  non linear power supply I am quite happy with the KIWI and the Daemon.  I had a hick up the other day when the router changed the internal IP on me.  Other than that it is running well considering I am using an old Cushcraft R7 with the base at 10 ft.

When "fiddling" with the IP issue I looked at the files on the Raspi,  and yes there are lots of them building up.  Thus, when running 24/7 it will eventually fill up and the memory card ( in my case 32 GB) will be slipping after so many write/read cycles. I don't worry about that, but I can see file overflow happen long before that distant day.

So here is the question:  Do I need to to clean out old files, and if so what should/could be removed/cleaned up?

73  Rolf   K9DZT

http://wsprdaemon.224604.n8.nabble.com/Do-I-need-to-clean-the-Raspi-files-tp227.html
To start a new topic under wsprdaemon, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from wsprdaemon, click here.
NAML

--
Rob Robinett
AI6VN
mobile: +1 650 218 8896

Re: Do I need to clean the Raspi files?

Rolf
Thanks Rob,

Problem seemingly solved.. It was only the wsprdaemon.org  uploads .d files  that filled up.  I changed the .conf file to allow uploads and now both  .d  files stay clean.

73 Rolf K9DZT
Rob

Re: Do I need to clean the Raspi files?

Rob
That sounds like a bug in WD.

http://wsprdaemon.224604.n8.nabble.com/Do-I-need-to-clean-the-Raspi-files-tp227p233.html

AI6VN
mobile: +1 650 218 8896

Re: Do I need to clean the Raspi files?

Rolf
I am running 2.9j

73 Rolf K9DZT
Rob

Re: Do I need to clean the Raspi files?

Rob
I just looked at the code and it appears this problem has always lurked there.
I will put it on my TODO to fix it, but in the meantime your fix should keep your file system from filling up.
You can also learn more about your system performance from the wsprdaemon.org spot database than from wsprnet.org
Those databases compliment each other.

On Fri, Oct 2, 2020 at 4:59 PM Rolf [via wsprdaemon] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am running 2.9j

73 Rolf K9DZT

http://wsprdaemon.224604.n8.nabble.com/Do-I-need-to-clean-the-Raspi-files-tp227p235.html